Monday, December 22, 2008

Life Happens

So I have been getting a little bit of crap lately because I haven’t updated my blog since October. I have been super busy with work and school; I haven’t even been able to think the last couple of months. I will try to update you on all the happenings in my life since my last post. October wasn’t too exciting I just worked and tried to stay caught up with all my school assignments and such. During the month of November I spent three weeks out in Eagle Mountain doing my practicum teaching in a 5th grade class. I was really nervous to teach the 5th grade but I absolutely loved the students. I have always thought I wanted to teach the younger grades but after this I could really teach any grade and be happy. It was a lot of work and kept me extremely busy, but I loved every second of it and I actually miss the kids a ton. During these three weeks I spent time observing and then time teaching Social Studies and Art, we did a Cornucopia art project which turned out really cute. Like I said I was super busy during this time but I loved every second of it and I know for sure now that this really the career I want. As soon as my student teaching was done Thanksgiving was already here. We didn’t do anything too exciting for Thanksgiving but hang out with the family, play games and of course I did homework. I had a bunch of huge projects due the first couple of days back from thanksgiving. As soon as thanksgiving was over it was already December. I have spent the last three weeks doing homework nonstop. Here is just a little glimpse of my schedule work from 8:00-2:00, school from 3:00-7:00 and homework from 7:00-to whenever I couldn’t concentrate anymore. I did this for three weeks straight. Last Thursday was my last final and it was probably one of the most exciting days of my life! I had some struggles with some teachers but I survived and I am finally DONE! For the first time in two months I had free time except this last weekend I spent Christmas shopping because I hadn’t done that yet. I am finally caught up and now I just have to work for three days and then it is Christmas no work and no school for five days. That is the best present ever! My life isn’t too exciting but definitely busy, I love it though.

2 comments:

Coach Heather said...

well hey there sista!! How has life been for you? I love your blog its super cute:) Im so pound of you for doing school and doing things that make you happy and biuld your future:) Love ya tons,
Heather

Bench Family said...

Bridgette?!? Hello!?!? Are you out there?!?! :) Love ya girl!